Quick Guide to Partnership Funding
Your child is eligible for funding from Fife Council for Fifteen Hours and Fifty minutes per week, generally from the start of the school term following his/her third birthday. The current guidelines from Fife council are as follows:
- For funding in the autumn term (August) children who become 3 between 1 March and 31 August
- For funding in the spring term (January) children who become 3 between 1 September and 31 December
- For funding in the summer term (April) children who become 3 between 1 January and 28 February
Please refer to the Fife government website for the most up-to-date information.
The school nursery has priority over funding, as it is run by Fife Council, but you can mix and match your sessions between different pre-school care establishments. For example, if:
- Your child attends only Aberdour Playgroup, then we can claim for the number of sessions your child attends. (All 15 hrs and 50 mins)
- Your child only attends school nursery, then the school claims for those sessions attended.(All 15 hrs and 50 mins)
- Your child attends three session (9 hrs and 30 mins) at school and two (6 hrs and 20 mins) at Aberdour Playgroup, then the school claims for three sessions and Aberdour Playgroup claims for two.
- Your child attends three school and four Playgroup sessions, then school claims for three sessions and Aberdour Playgroup claims for two. Aberdour Playgroup will charge you the standard session rate for the remaining playgroup sessions.
- Your child attends school nursery, Aberdour Playgroup and another establishment, then school claims for its sessions and you can allocate who is to receive the balance of the funding.
At the start of each term, each pre-school establishment will ask you to complete a parental declaration as to which pre-school establishments your child attends and the number of hours per week. This is the form on which you will allocate funding, if appropriate.
You can attend as many or as few sessions at each establishment as you wish. You do not need to send your child to school nursery for five sessions per week. The only restriction is that you only receive funding for Fifteen hours and Fifty minutes, and under the current Partnership contract, you must send your child to Aberdour Playgroup for at least six hours and twenty minutes a week (i.e. can only do max three school nursery with two Aberdour Playgroup, or max two School nursery with three playgroup, to be able to claim funding). You pay for the balance yourself.
Please note, the Partnership contract does not permit funding for Playgroup sessions if you use four sessions at School nursery as this only leaves one funded session for Playgroup, and Fife Council will not pay for this one session.
Your child does not need to leave playgroup in their pre-school year. We are a registered pre-school education provider and are registered for children aged 2 years 6 months to 5 years.
We accept Childcare vouchers as form of payment.