On your child’s first day you should bring:
- All completed forms (see forms menu) if they have not already been returned
- Indoor shoes
- A box of Tissues
- A packet of baby wipes or toddler hand wipes
- We encourage children to wear short sleeved T-shirts when they at Playgroup, there is a lot of water play and hand washing at Playgroup and wearing a short sleeved T-shirts helps prevent your child getting wet sleeves and feeling uncomfortable.
- Please ensure that all clothes and shoes are labelled with your child’s name
- When your child arrives each day they should be encouraged to find their own labelled peg and place their personal belongings on their peg. Your child should have a spare change of clothes and spare nappies (if appropriate).
- Your child should change into their indoor shoes, placing their outdoor shoes in their shoe bag, which will be left on their peg.
- Your child will then be encouraged to find their named registration card which they will then take to the registration box placed next to the snack table.
- Children should then wash their hands at the sink within the main playroom.
- The children are then free to play and enjoy their time at Playgroup.
- Parents/carers must sign their child ‘in’ on the register at the parent table before they leave. They must also sign their child ‘out’ at picking up time.
Please read our Welcome information for further advice relating to your child’s time at Playgroup.